Here's my fabulous husband coaching last week... I think there was an injury which is why all the players are on their knees.
Here are the water boys! If you look closely you'll see Bryant in the red "12" shirt and his friend, Cade, standing next to him.
The water boys! How cute are they?
A close up of Bryant and Cade.
Now, I have to tell you a funny story... hopefully nobody finds it offensive... but I'm sure I'll hear all about it if they do!
Anyway, Bryant's cousins (Zac's nieces and nephews) are black. Being in Idaho, we don't have that many black people (or any other ethnicity's) living around us. Cade is the first black boy Bryant has EVER seen outside his cousins in Alabama. So, 3 weeks ago Bryant said, "Mom, I want to go see my cousin." I said, "What cousin Bryant?" He said quite exasperated, "You know mom.... MY COUSIN." I had no idea what he was talking about.
Then at the football game later that night he came running up with Cade and said, "See mom... this cousin!" They both smiled at me so proud. I was confused for a minute and then I realized that Bryant thought that Cade was his cousin because he's black. He must think anyone who is black is his cousin. I got quite a chuckle out of it.
Since then, I have tried several times to tell Bryant that Cade is not his cousin... but he doesn't understand. And really... who does it hurt if he thinks Cade is his cousin?
So, for now we have a new "cousin"... well actually two new cousins because Cade has an older brother. And if Boise keeps growing like it is... we might have several new cousins before the year's over!!!

2 comments:
I know what you mean about the coaching.... Larry is a bball coach...
I LOVE the cousin story.... if only the rest of the world could see it through the kids eyes!!!
how cute i love this kid! hes totally awesome! i swear if all people would just look at things the way a kid does all people would be so much happier! okay so bryant has a new cousin and ur my mom now according to the new neighbors soo whats this kid to me lol ???
as susu would call me casanova...
Post a Comment