Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Baseball Begins... but IMO it's too damn cold!

Baseball has begun.
It is SO cold... too cold for baseball!
However, kids don't care that it's cold... but parents sure do!

Bryant has already played t-ball for 2 years... but because of his age he's not old enough to move out of t-ball into "bigger kid" baseball. Unfortunately this has been frustrating for him (and us) since he is clearly a much more advanced player than most kids his age.

Luckily we found a new baseball league where they place players on teams by ability not necessarily by age! So, Bryant is now playing baseball with kids 2-3 years old than him! He's now in a Rookie league where the ball will be pitched to him. We hope this proves to be more challenging and enjoyable for him!

The kids also get to practice different positions on the field.
Here's Bryant practicing as a catcher. He loves donning the catchers gear.


Let the games begin!

3 comments:

Julie said...

I agree - my son had his first game yesterday and it was FREEZING outside!

Bubber is a catcher, and he really loves it! Back when I played softball, I enjoyed being a catcher as well...nothing cooler than being able to get someone out at the plate!

Anonymous said...

sweet!

Mandy said...

Hey Jenny! Thanks for the comment...I was worried someone wuold get offended but I figured...oh well, that's their problem!

I am going to start looking for a hosue again this summer...I am excited about but kinda dreading...it's great thinking about buying a house and having our own place, but intimidating and stressful at the same time...so I figure things will work out the way they are supposed to. *sigh*

I miss you too!! We should hang out...it would be great to have a good laugh with a great friend!

Oh, and Bryant is WAY too cute!