Sunday, December 2, 2007

Santa Came and Sat in His Recliner

I've told you before how cool our subdivision is. Remember this post?

Our neighborhood social committee plans some really great family activities. But then again, I guess they should since we pay them quite a bit in homeowners dues each year!

Today they had Santa come to our outdoor common area to see all the neighborhood kids. Bryant was really excited that Santa came to OUR neighborhood. He was bouncing off the walls all morning long (the two maple bars he ate for breakfast may have had something to do with it too)!

When we got there the first thing Bryant said was "Wow Mom, Santa has his own recliner." So I looked and sure enough... Santa was sitting in a Lazy Boy recliner. Bryant then looked at us and said "I bet he watches football in it too." I had to laugh. I guess Bryant must associate Zac sitting in his recliner with watching football. So if Santa has a recliner then he must watch football too. It seems reasonable and logical... if you're 5!

Santa asking Bryant what he wants for Christmas. Bryant can't remember. See the perplexion on his face?


Finally he remembers and whispers it in Santa's ear.

How sweet is this picture of Bryant and Santa? Bryant has his eyes closed while he tells a secret to Santa... and Santa has his eyes closed while he intently listens to Bryant's wish.


And in the end, Santa and Bryant are best buddies. Santa reminds Bryant to listen to his mom and dad... and magically... Santa then became my best buddy too. Gosh... a parent has to love this time of year when parental discipline is easily done by the magic words "Santa is watching."

2 comments:

Michelle Smiles said...

Awesome to have Santa come to your neighborhood!

The recliner reminds me of Guatemala...often there would be impromptu parades around the town square in Antigua. The parades would be made up of pick up trucks decorated and filled with recliners or other living room furniture for the participants to sit in. Cracked me up.

Springer Splatter said...

I love those pictures of Santa and bryant!
After the holidays, we need to plan a weekend to play catch up of those darling holiday pictures and some wild scrapbooking.
Here's to all nighters!!!