
This weekend was our subdivisions annual children's get-together. The subdivision social committee rents 3 giant bouncers (a castle, jumping house and a slide) for all the neighborhood kids to play on in our common area.

We started our morning by baking chocolate cupcakes to take the annual get-together. Needless to say, the cupcakes didn't last until the get-together. For two adults who are watching what they eat (in this case, watching them go in our mouths!) Zac and I seemed to eat our fair share.

As you can see by the picture above, Bryant was quite excited about the cupcakes. He's at such a great age for helping in the kitchen. He did pretty much everything... including cracking the eggs. I'm pretty sure a few shell got in the cupcakes, but nobody in our household seemed to notice. Uncle Ostrige (Austin) said they were some of the best cupcakes he's had... so that's quite the compliment.

Anyway, after spending the morning making cupcakes we went to the annual get-together. Bryant had a blast. He loved the inflatable slide. He was doing all sorts of stunts on it. He was giving many of the mothers heart attacks with his crazy menuvers. I heard the mothers saying things like, "oh no" ... "be carefull little boy" ... "oh, I'm so happy I have a daughter and not a son." Of course I'm used to it... so it didn't even phase me.

We ended up staying for 3 hours. The kids went though 300 Otterpops... with Bryant and our neighbor, Cooper, eating about 8 each. By the time we got home, Bryant was super sassy. He'd had way too much sugar between the cupcakes and the Otterpops and he also hadn't had a nap. It was only a matter of minutes before he was sent to time out for a rest. In the picture, you can see how well time-out works at age 4! He just sat on the chair, looking so cute, smiling at me. He's the one who said, "Mom get your camera and take a picture of me in time-out." Do you think this kid has a mom who takes lots of pictures or what? Of course I couldn't resist and ended up taking the picture and letting him get out of time out. 5 minutes later he was asleep on the couch and was asleep for the rest of the night.

No comments:
Post a Comment