Wednesday, August 13, 2008

OverlappingTextLive - http://www.overlappingtextlive.com


I promise to get back to my regular blogging soon. My home computer is still effected by that darn virus that has corrupted my keyboard...not to mention my hard drive!

We've finally decided we're going to break down and just buy a new computer. The computer repair guy said it would cost us about $400 to fix ours. For that price it seem like we'd be better off to just buy a new one and upgrade to better bells and whistles!

In other news:

  • I've been going to new teacher orientation for the past 3 days. WOW. My head is swimming with information.

  • Zac and I have been busy decorating our classrooms. I am going with a Rainforest/Jungle theme and Zac is going with a Under the Sea theme.

  • My mom moved into her new house in Boise last Thursday. My dad is still in Portland taking care of some business and then he'll come over too. It sure is nice to have my mom here. Saturday she called to see if I wanted to go to Art in the Park... it was fun to have someone to go with! And Sunday when I needed some help in my classroom she readily agreed to lend a hand. Ahhh family. I've been without family here since 1991... so it is so nice to have family close.

  • Bryant is geared up for kindergarten to start next week. He sorts and re-packs his school supplies every couple of days. He's so excited to finally be old enough to go to school.

  • Soccer is about to start for Bryant. He's still not old enough to play football... so soccer is going to have to do. He's such a die hard sports fanatic that he's been wearing his shin guards everyday (even sleeping in them) so they'll be "broke in" before his first game.

  • Tomorrow is my last day of work as a social worker. It will be sad to leave after 14 years. More about that in tomorrow's post.

10 comments:

JuJu - said...

miss you :)

Cherrie said...

Glad you are back. Missed the great blogs.

Good Luck tomorrow. I am sure it will be sad for you even though you are looking forward to teaching!

Cherrie

Jen said...

Good luck with teaching-you'll be so great at it!

Springer Splatter said...

there you are!!! But it looks like you have some good excuesses for not posting.
Good Luck Today...I am thinking about you!

Soltana said...

I'm so glad you're still here.
I feel so lost not being able to post or read everyday:(

I know you're gonna do great!!!!

Hugs

Mama Bear said...

I am so excited I found your blog! I just read your story - it is amazing - I am in a very open adoption I am an adoptive mom- and I am excited to see the great relationship you have with your daughter! can't wait to read more of your blog!

In Due Time said...

Coming over from ICLW...


Hope you get a new computer soon! I would love to see pics of your classroom!

Erin said...

Here from ICLW. Hope the transition from Social Worker to Teacher goes well!

Anonymous said...

no baby yet???? Are you excited for school to start? Oh, have you and your mom seen Momma Mia yet? We have GOT to get together!!! Missing you! Pam

Kristin said...

Good luck getting a computer back up and running...enjoy all the new bells and whistles.

I read your last post about the unofficial parade princesses and I think that is fabulous!