Monday, August 27, 2007

Secret Blog Pal Gift... arrived... Just when I needed It!

Yesterday I was having a VERY stressful day at work. I have a client dying and a family who is in total chaos. So, after being away from my office for 7 hours (without lunch or a bathroom break) I was finally sitting at my desk trying to de-stress.

As I was sitting there, my receptionist brought me a large package. She said it had just arrived in the mail. I looked at the box and wondered what the heck it was. There was no return address. I thought "Oh no... here we go again." Usually unmarked envelopes and/or packages are bad news. The last one I received contained horrible letters detailing all sorts of lewd things happening between an adult child, a caregiver and a senior citizen. It was very disturbing.

Anyway, I opened the package and found a lovely gift for Bryant. I forgot that I signed up to be part of a Secret Blog Pal network. There is a wonderful person out there who is my secret blog pal. She reads my blog and sends me little things to let me know I have a secret friend. Wow... if I needed a reminder of how cool "normal" people are... it was yesterday. My secret blog pal timed her gift just right.

My SBP must know that I love to scrapbook because she sent me these cool stickers that are all sports related. They'll be perfect for Bryant's scrapbook pages.... and also Zac's since football has just started.

She also sent me this SUPER COOL outfit for Bryant. Of course anyone who know me... or knows my family... knows that anything football related is going to be a hit. The outfit was the perfect size and Bryant loved the fact that the shorts are reversible.

Bryant loved the shirt and shorts so much that he chose to wear them to his LAST day at pre-school. When I brought this home last night he had to wear it. He wore it to bed and then to school the next morning. He said, "Mom I have to look cool on my last day of pre-school. This is so cool."
Here is Bryant's old teacher Peggy and Bryant in his new clothes.

So, in case you're wondering... I have my own Secret Blog Pal that I've been sending things to also. She just adopted a baby from Guatemala. Just last weekend I made her a cool scrapbook to put pictures in. I wish I could post pictures of it here... but then I would give away who her Secret friend is!

A Personal Message to my SBP: Thank you for the gifts. You are awesome! I'm looking forward to finding out who you are one of these days. Thanks again from the bottom of my heart. -Jenny

1 comment:

The Good Girls said...

very sweet how do you get signed up for that stuff? thats soo cool!! n e ways see you tonight!