Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Best Friends Play at Chuck E Cheese

Bryant is very friendly... having lots of close friends. But his friend, Patrick, has been his friend since they day they were born. Patrick's mom is one of my best friends and our boys were born just a few weeks apart. You may remember this post I wrote about her.

On Monday (Martin Luther King day) the boys didn't have school. So, Patrick came to our house to play. The boys played all morning and then I surprised them by announcing we were going to Chuck E Cheese. This was particularly exciting for Bryant since we hardly ever go there.

Just like little girls, they had to get "ready" before we left. First they determined they better wash their hands and faces (they'd had chocolate donuts for breakfast). Then they both wanted to wear sport Jersey's. Bryant chose his new ESPN jersey that Suzi and Austin brought him from New York... and Patrick borrowed one of Bryant's hockey jersey's to wear. They both admired themselves and their clothes in the mirror for at least 5 minutes! Next they decided Patrick should have me spike his hair so he could look "cool" like Bryant. And lastly, they wanted a little of Zac's cologne so they could smell good. They totally cracked me up!


Here's the finished product... my two little hotties!

I didn't take a lot of pictures while at Chuck E Cheese... we were too busy playing. When did Chuck E Cheese get so many cool games?

Bryant really liked playing this game where he was shooting at aliens.

Patrick played the Fishing Game for hours. Look at all those tickets he's won!


See the green cups in the picture below... the cups are bedazzled with giant silver crowns with jewels all over them. It took Bryant 1/2 an hour before I convinced him they weren't girl cups. I ended up having to buy myself the pink crown cup (which I loved)... just so I could prove that the green one was the boy cup. *Although I secretly agreed with the boys... the green cups looked girly too.

Here's Bryant posing with the cups in question. This is him doing his mimic/impression of a girl smile.

2 comments:

Jill said...

I want to come! I have been NO WHERE since this baby came home due to his rash. Seriously... basketball games are the only place he has been! It seems like so much fun in the real world! lol!

boltefamily said...

What a cute picture! You have a beautiful little guy! I just wanted to say thanks for the comment on my blog. It astounds me that other people actually read what I write but it is encouraging! So, thank you!

Kristy