Friday, January 25, 2008

FFF... Favorite Foto Friday... Garbage Art


If you've ever secretly wondered whether your trash will one day come back and haunt you… let me warn you... it may if you have a 5 year old!

My son… my Advant-Garde artist… decided to make ‘something out of nothing’ the other night. While I was working on a craft project, Bryant asked me if he could work on his own project. Of course I said “Yes.”

I have to admit, I knew Bryant had gone through an awful lot of tape and glue sticks. But, I didn’t really pay attention to what he was doing or that he has successfully manged to work on his art out of my line of sight. All I knew is that he was being quiet and entertaining himself!

But what I hadn’t realized is that he had gone through our garbage can to get trash to make his project! Thank goodness it was the kitchen trash and not the bathroom trash!

He was so proud of his finished project. When I asked him what it was he said, “Duh Mom, it’s a giant jellyfish that's taking over the world.”


Let me point out the Jellyfish's finer points... it has a Walgreens Prescription Bottle Cap, a Kit-Kat wrapper, Flowers, a Glue Runner package, Silk Flowers and a Piece of Plastic on it's "head". There are Band-Aids, a Trader Joe's receipt and a Tylenol Box on it's body. It has Ribbon, String, a Pen and lots of shredded Mail as "tentacles."

This piece of garbage art is priceless. Bryant wants to send it to his Ganny... but I'm not sure I can part with it. Right now it's on our fridge where I can see it and smile every time I glance at it.

6 comments:

Lark said...

I am so glad he has so much creativity. Also thank you for pointing all of the fine aspects of the Jelly fish. I might of missed some and then I would have missed out on the whole picture.

Anonymous said...

You can have it until I come over on Valentines Day and then I GET IT. After all, the picture is for Ganny.

Ganny

Julie said...

I found your blog through a comment you left on Waiting for Happy...
I enjoyed reading your last few posts, especially the one about garbage dump sledding! That was great. I had a not quite the same incident involving mud when I was helping push my "stuck" van out of my in-law's back yard. At one point, the van went to the right, I fell down, and the tires managed to "catch" in some mud. I was covered head to toe in mud. I wish I would have thought to have my MIL take my picture!
I LOVE your haircut, too! Looks gorgeous!!

Jill said...

As always, SO CREATIVE. What a great mommy you are!!!! Bryant is such a sweetie. I think he looks so sweet and innocent!!! I love the artwork! A++++++

Soltana said...

TOOO funny!!!

Oh.. I tagged you on my blog..I knew you'd have too much fun with it :)

Anonymous said...

That is fantastic! And such cool art too. I think it would be considered the ultimate in recycling. :) I'm just glad that Brennan hasn't decided to do this one. Our garbage scares me...