Well recently I was having one of those days. I was about to pull my hair out. I was wondering what Zac and I had done wrong to create such a "monster" of a child.
And then, low and behold, I look over the table and see this:

It immediately stopped me in my tracks. I smiled and thought to myself, "He is learning something... He does listen... He does have manners... I am a good parent..."
You see, Bryant was quietly saying grace before he ate his dinner. He was doing it on his own... without prompting. He was doing it even though nobody was watching. He was doing it because he WANTED to. He was doing it because even though he's only 5, he probably knows God better than Zac and I do.
This is my Favorite Foto this week because it reminds me that Bryant watches everything we do. He watches how we act and react. He is learning even when we don't think he is. And yet, he has a lot to teach us too... especially about our relationship with God. Is he an angel... NO... but he is an example of a smart, happy, kind, compassionate, prayerful little boy.

7 comments:
How awesome is that?!? Kids are so cool!
Hi Jenny. I just stopped in for a visit! What a sweet picture and an awesome reminder of how much our children learn from us and we learn from them!
See I told you that you are a good mom!!! And Bryant is a good kid!! But is is nice to have reminders now and then. Keep up the good work!
How sweet is that!!!!!!!!!
That is so SWEEEEEET! What a BOY!
Oh, and I have been meaning to tell you...Rachel from the Austin Real World (now on the Challenge on MTV Wed nights) reminds me of your sister! I think that they look so much alike! I know that I am too old to watch that, but oh well! I am a Real World junkie!
WHat a sweet boy! Now you know that you are doing something right! :)
Jenny,
I found your site through Soltana's. Just wanted to drop you a line to tell you how precious your boy is! He is just adorable and looks so much like Daddy!
Enjoy the rest of your week!
Jennifer
Post a Comment